I was on Pinterest and found this cute project.
I decided to give it a go! I did not have any liquid glue- the only glue I can find in Japan is stick glue, so I used Mod Podge instead.
I first got my materials ready:
1. Strips of fabric that were cut so they were the same height as the jar. I just eyeballed it when I cut the width.
Random jar that was lying around waiting to be recycled.
I first coated the entire jar in Mod Podge.
Then I placed each strip of fabric inside the jar. I made sure they overlapped a bit so there would not be any cracks.
I then painted Mod Podge on the back of the fabric to seal it in.
And that was it! I let it dry for two days- my apartment was very cold.
From beginning to end it took about 20 minutes for the project -excluding drying time of course!
Here is the finished project. (Note my awesome Archie comic book collection)
From very close you can see where the fabric overlaps and it is not as smooth looking as the original tutorial’s picture. But from afar it looks just fine and I think I will make some more.